In the face of escalating costs, workforce shortages, rising patient expectations, and intricate regulatory demands, healthcare providers are navigating a challenging landscape. To meet these challenges head-on and provide exceptional patient care, healthcare organisations must embrace a strategic approach that optimises operations while enhancing connectivity, communication, and collaboration.
Join us for a transformative webinar where we explore the impactful role of integrated technology solutions in empowering healthcare staff to be more productive and effective, both within and beyond the confines of the hospital walls.
During this session, you will gain valuable insights into:
- The “Digital Age Workplace for Cure and Care” solution: discover how this cutting-edge solution enhances collaboration through alarms and notifications within the collaboration tool.
- Technology’s role in workflow automation: explore how technology streamlines workflows, notifies caregivers, and optimises operations with precise location information.
- Real-world applications: uncover real-world examples of virtual rounding, automated digital information delivery, and well-being training for patients.
- Extending care beyond hospital walls: gain insights into the trend of extending care beyond traditional hospital settings.
- Integration of robots: explore the integration of robots into healthcare settings, leveraging collaboration tools to bridge workforce gaps and provide vital support for patient care.
Don’t miss this opportunity to stay at the forefront of healthcare innovation. Secure your spot and be part of a conversation that will shape the future of healthcare.
Dirk Dumortier is an experienced Director working with healthcare and government organisations in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region to guide their digital transformation journey. As a former Vice-President of Communications, and Cloud sales leader in China, Dirk has a deep knowledge of end-to-end and converged solutions (network, communications, unified communications and collaboration, video, contact center, cloud, on-demand and XaaS models) and understands the regional challenges and requirements.
For more information, contact Connected Health.